Bored.. Myra asked if I could assist her in exploring the new cook book that I bought for her last week ‘Mummy and Me Cook Book by Annabel Karmel’. I have always loved Annabel.. been using her recipe since Myra’s first taste till recently for Mishel’s. What I love the most about her cook book is the suggested recipe which can be kept frozen then easily reheated for later. How swell.
So today, after not getting much things to do on lazy saturday, I finally gave in.. ok Myra.. let’s bake some banana muffin!
First, the ingredients:
- 1 big banana – very ripe
- 1 medium eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 55g soft light brown sugar
- 55ml sunflower oil
- 85g wholemeal flour (I substitute this with normal multipurpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (I didn’t have this.. )
- pinch of salt
How to make them:
1. Line the tins – with 18 mini muffin liners (in our case only 12 were actually used)
2. Mix the egg and sugar – whisk together
3. Add in vanilla extract
4. In a separate bowl – mash the banana
5. Add the mashed banana into the egg mixture.
6. Sieve the flour mixed with baking powder and bicarbonate soda – Myra did a fantastic job.. none of the mixture of flour+bicabornate soda+Baking powder spilled.
7. Fill in the muffin case about 2/3 full then bake.
We didn’t actually time the baking, we smell.. once it smells ready.. we open up the oven and check the beautiful dozen of banana muffins- ready to munch! Nyumm.
That;s just one of the easy recipe for kids that both Mommy and child could enjoy, stay tune for more